07 Mar Fresh-Faced Beauty Tips for Busy Moms
I love doing private make-up lessons and one-on-one cosmetic consultations because it gives me a chance to share all of the tips and tricks I’ve learned throughout my 21 years as a make-up artist.
Judita reached out to me because she is a busy mom of an adorable toddler and is ready for a fresh new look, but isn’t willing to sacrifice her health and use toxic cosmetics. She is a raw food chef, cook book author, health coach, and owner of City & Sea Trading Co., where she shares her favorite health and home products.
As I am sure you can tell, Judita is absolutely stunning without make-up on. I had a lot of fun helping her create a look that suits her busy lifestyle. I’m going to list everything we used to create her look and at the end I’ll give you some tips for looking younger.
- Skin Prep: Beautycounter Rejuvenating Day Cream
- Foundation: Beautycounter Tint Skin in ‘Linen’ with 1 drop Plumping oil applied with Retractable foundation brush.
- Concealer: Beautycounter Touch Concealer pen in ‘Light’ under the eyes and Hynt Beauty Duet Perfecting Concealer in ‘Light’ when needed for fuller coverage on the face.
- Brows: Ecobrow in Rita applied with Ecobrow Angled Brush
- Shadow Base: Hynt Beauty Concealer in Light
- Brow Highlight: Beautycounter ‘Pearl’ eye shadow
- Lid Color: Beautycounter ‘Champagne’ eye shadow
- Crease Colors: Beautycounter ‘Shell’ and ‘Malt’ eye shadows with Crease Brush
- Eyeliner: Beautycounter Color Outline Brown *Make sure your liner is sharp and angle it towards the lashes to get it as close as possible to your lash line. You can even work it in between your lashes to make your lashes look thicker.
- Mascara: Beautycounter Lengthening *I typically do two coats for length and fullness. To remove, I recommend this castor oil.
- Blush: Beautycounter ‘Hibiscus’ cream blush or ‘Bloom/Tulip’ powder blush *If you are using the Hibiscus, you can use the same retractable foundation brush you used for your foundation to blend it or use a flat complexion brush.
- Cheek Highlight: RMS Beauty Living Luminizer
- Lips: Great colors include ‘Fig’ and ‘Peony’ lip gloss and ‘Scarlett’ lip sheer.
- Powder: Beautycounter Mattifying Powder or RMS Beauty “Unpowder” *Apply to t-zone and under eyes. If you want a tinted powder, Rejuva Minerals is great.
- False lashes (For special events): Ardell Flare Short Black (3 clusters on the outer corners) You can also use the Ardell Lash Trios to make it even quicker.
My favorite tips for looking younger:
- Get enough sleep! If this is a problem, see a holistic practitioner and make this a priority. Tart Cherry concentrate is an easy thing to add at bedtime to enhance your sleep.
- Minimize stress
- Drink half your body weight in ounces of water a day-dehyrated skin is not pretty, friends!
- Eat your greens! I’ve been adding this green’s mix to my smoothies in the morning and I notice my skin (and my energy level!) is a lot better after only a month!
- Take good care of your skin. I am partial to Beautycounter’s Rejuvanating Line & Beautycounter + for masks and facial oils.
- Add color where it counts. Look at young girls…where do you see color? They often have flushed cheeks, and bright lips naturally. As we age, these things fade, so the quickest tip is to make sure you have a great blush and a lip color that brightens your lips a bit.
- Curl your lashes and do two coats of mascara on top-This step alone will open up your eyes and draw the focus upwards.
- Choose a hydrating foundation. If you tend to be dry or are concerned with lines, find a foundation that provides moisture to your skin like Beautycounter’s tint skin.
What are your favorite tips for looking fresh and radiant? I’d love to hear them in the comments!